Full Stack Application Architect/Developer
We are looking for a Tech Lead to join our team asap and help build and lead our development team.You will be working with our teams to create cool, cutting-edge online experiences across desktop, tablet and mobile devices.
This position is looking specifically for someone who has extensive experience working in CMS/WCM projects. You have a solid understanding of core programming methodologies and are not intimidated by learning a new language, but rather intrigued by the possibility of solving a unique problem. Today you might be developing a responsive design website for a client using a decoupled CMS. Next week you could be working on an HTML5 mobile experience running on Node.js. This position requires someone willing to adapt to new technologies with a willingness to experiment, sometimes fail, and inevitably succeed.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide architectural assessments, strategies, roadmaps and select best-fit solutions/technologies to achieve business objectives for one or multiple projects.
- Help write functional requirements to serve as a blueprint in building applications and experiences.
- Assist the team in defining scope and sizing work.
- Drive common vision, practices and capabilities across teams.
- Convert content models into a usable, standard API.
- Write clean, reusable code and markup from scratch.
- Use third-party modules when appropriate.
- Immediately notify Product Manager if a project schedule is changed.
- Check and test completed tasks from development team.
- Work with Product Manager to hold all team members accountable for both code and quality of work completed.
- Provide training to end-users in the organization as required.
- 8+ years of front- and back-end development experience.
- 3 to 5 years of management experience with the ability to recruit, train and lead each team member to reach their potential
- Strong experience building large Node.js apps
- Microservice architecture - Integrating and managing APIs, SQL as well as NoSQL experience.
- Large scale application deployments to cloud hosts (Rackspace, AWS…).
- GIT and branch management experience.
- Experience developing and testing using Continuous Delivery, Kanban, or other Agile methodologies.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience in a SaaS, software, or product-centric company strongly preferred… having participated in the entire SDLC from conception to production.
- Experience developing a decoupled CMS solution is a great plus.
- Containers (Docker / Kubernetes) to support automated deployments.
- Strong commitment to application performance optimization for the fastest possible response time.
- Cross browser development, with graceful degradation and/or progressive enhancement.
- Experience helping integrate iOS and Android applications is a plus.
- High standards, results oriented, and a commitment to delivering high quality software on time