Sr. WordPress Managing Developer
Bytion is seeking an experienced, senior WordPress developer to handle a wide range of duties such as: launch new sites, develop plugins and themes, implement new features, stealthily fix performance issues like a ninja and perform security audits. We want someone who can help deliver a unique and engaging digital experience for our customers.
Are you someone who knows WordPress code like the back of your hand? Do you have a deep understanding of how all the different components of WordPress and the major plugins work in accordance with each other? Do you thrive working in a team environment?
If you do, we would love for you to join our team!
- Maintain 15+ complex and high-traffic WordPress websites, including core, theme and plugin upgrades
- Plan and Launch new WordPress websites
- Discover and Implement Plugins that function well together
- Develop custom and interactive WordPress Sites, themes, and Plugins using proven technologies and best practices
- Customize existing WordPress themes depending on the needs of the specific website
- Collaborate closely with designers, developers, SEO and Marketing teams to create, improve, or optimize WordPress websites, including themes & plugins.
- Optimization of WordPress websites for speed and conversion
- WordPress security auditing, including auditing plugins and themes for security risks
- Troubleshoot bugs and fix them in a timely and non-disruptive manner
- 5+ years of WordPress Experience
- 4+ years of HTML, CSS, JS, PHP and MySQL experience
- 2+ years of WooCommerce Experience
- Experience in an active team / PM environment (Agile, Scrum, etc.)
- Expertise with modifing and managing themes and plugins
- Ability to develop/modify WordPress themes and plugins with clean, logical and reusable code that is compatible with all of the other plugins and themes
- Deep understanding of WordPress code
- Thirst to learn new things and constantly improve your work
- Problem Solver mentality - whether load times are slow or plugins are conflicting, you won’t stop until things are running smoothly
- Innovator mindset - passion for finding new, creative ways to improve websites
- Interpersonal skills - positive and honest communication is critical to make sure all the teams are always on the same page
- Strong understanding of cross-platform and cross-browser issues